Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1 year

I know today has been on all our minds. 1 year. 1 whole year since he passed and yet it still feels like it was yesterday. I will try and remember the fun times as we pass this heartbreaking milestone. Mainly the fishing trips. Like when he tried to drown me in the boat. I lost 3 plastic cups in the river that day. He used his hands to fling the water at me and I used cups, barely did a thing because i kept losing the stupid cups. When I was trying to climb out of the boat (on a different occasion) and he pushed the boat away from the dock causing me to fall into the water. Boy did he laugh, until he saw the cuts on my legs from the shells on the dock. I will always remember how he yelled at me for watching the dolphins and not my fishing pole! How he cut the fishing line when there was a stingray on the other end.

I will also remember the one and only hunting trip he took me on and I rooted for the bird! When we would go shrimping and he would let us pick out one thing from the 7-11 after. His love of trains and how excited he would get when a train passed us in the car. When I went to Alaska a few years ago I took a pic of the train because I knew that he would like that. I remember when I told him we took the train to Seward and he asked me a million questions about the train and none about the actual trip to Alaska.

I read a quote off from a Winnie the Pooh movie that said, "If ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever!"

Another quote I liked that I saw on Facebook was "I thought of you today, but that is nothing new. I thought of you yesterday and days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake from which I'll never part. God has you in his arms. I have you in my heart!"

I miss him! I will always miss him, but I know that I will see him again and until that day comes I will look at pictures and laugh and remember the good times that we had!

1 comment:

Bertie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.