Sunday, February 27, 2011

 Dinky was supposed to be the star of the show, but G'pa's impromptu "Whoo, whoo, whoo!" totally stole the show.  I think this was the Grand Ole Opry.

 

 Was this the trip we rode the train into NYC?  Pepe was our exchange student for a year.  G'pa adopted him, just as he adopted so many others.  (At Christmas that year we drove into the city to see the tree at Rockefeller Center.  Someone cut G'pa off and G'pa started to swear at him.  G'ma smacked him and the swear turned into "Dunkey-head!"  Pepe was impressed, "He swears like a Mexican!")


Fishing in Canada. For a few years he would go twice a year--once with all of us and then again later with GUYS ONLY.  Our family trips were always so much fun!  Usually there were 10 or so of us--card games, raccoons, mice on the floor, falling overboard, campfires, beer-battered fish for breakfast, cabins in the woods, wild blueberries, milk in a bag... oh man! 



Oh how I miss him!  I told my sister that I'm literally drowning in memories.  And when I get access to more photos, you can keep swimming with me, with all of us.  So many stories...

That's why we started this blog.  To remember the stories, to share them with each other, so we can keep them alive.

1 comment:

Bertie said...

My personal favorite was jerkamer. Something he swore at a man who cut us off. He was then thrilled when the guy got pulled over just a few miles ahead.